Martha’s Vineyard is one of the dream destinations of travelers. It is a small island, but visiting it won’t be a problem as going there is pretty easy. In fact, there are more ways to get to Martha’s Vineyard. The two options are going there through a ferry or fly there. It is an island and there is no bridge or tunnel that connects the island to the mainland.
There are ferry services and cars that travel from Woods Hole on Cape Cod on the Steamship Authority Ferry any time of the day. Keep in mind that it is the only ferry that takes your car. Since many people are traveling to the island, you are advised to make advanced reservations. You can easily do that by calling their contact number or contacting them through the official website.
Things you should not miss when in Martha’s Vineyard
- Do not miss to visit beautiful spots on the island such as the Longpoint Wildlife Refuge and Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Take some time to enjoy the beauty of nature. Lay on the sandy beaches. Hit the water in a sailboat. Surf and enjoy the cool breeze.
- Visit the scenic spots like the lighthouses – Edgartown Lighthouse and West Chop Lighthouse.
- Do not miss to experience a ride on the Flying Horses Carousel in Oak Bluffs.
- Get a glimpse of the island’s history by visiting the quaint gingerbread houses in Oak Bluff’s old Methodist encampment.
- Lastly, buy some souvenir items such as the Marthas Vineyard sweatshirt. It is one of the most bought souvenir items. There are many colors and sizes to choose from. Wear it while touring around the island and buy one for your friends and family members. The sweatshirt will be a reminder that you have experienced first-hand the beauty of the island.